Monday, January 4, 2010

National Transplant List Do I Tell The Doctors That I Suspect My Dad Of Drinking, Or Do I Keep It To Myself?

Do I tell the doctors that I suspect my dad of drinking, or do I keep it to myself? - national transplant list

My heart is in the middle of this broken and you do not know what to do. My father needs a liver transplant and is about on the national transplant list will be set. He has everything he said he was only three days earlier. Suspect had been drinking for 3 days. Although not really consumed with alcohol, the smell of alcohol was everywhere. Moreover, until he said his liver is not a complete drunk, so I very well know, their mood and disposition while drinking, so I am 90% sure he was drunk, 3 days. So what do I do if I do not report to the hospital thats transplantation and administration, which never considered for the transplant list and received no liver occurs. However, if it is used again in the drink, he does not deserve. "I'm so broken, so I said in the hospital, they kill most of my father, please help me, I'm so confused.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I believe that the transplant center is tracking the consumption of alcohol. Be followed w / him from time to time and again to have blood tests, etc., or perhaps your doctor. it? I'm sure it will probably have a lot in the Dominican Republic.

I think he would talk to him first, as a sign, "says another.

There are many people waiting for a liver, as you know, that is compatible w / treatment. And if he has a liver and drink again, which would probably destroy the new liver. For example, a similar, I received a kidney transplant and pancreas. I was told that if he did not come to dialysis for each treatment on the transplant list made inactive

This is not your fault. Alcohol is dead or not, is not accepted by a transplant list.

I'm sure there is an online forum for people waiting for liver, which I have not been able to find him. I hope you can find.

lemoncak... said...

It's so hard! I spoke with my father first. We just went through something similar with a family member to take the medication for the pain too much for too long, and that his health seriously down. Another family member reported their doctors (after evidence was found that he had received medications from various sources). If all loved about his health and the possibility of death by this fear, she feels betrayed and now very angry and insisted that he should have reached their first child. We all feel that they refused they did not know that there was no real evidence of a medical professional, very worried, but not speak freely, without risk, because of confidentiality. This source is recommended that their doctors, who also advised to inform the Mayo Clinic have.

But, it seems, in retrospect, perhaps a direct confrontation would have been a first step, with a note to doctors if it does not work. So my advice is, first talk to your father. Tell him you recognize the signs, and if it happens again, you musttalk to their doctors. Finally, people who want to save more themselves to the addiction. Good luck to a very difficult situation.

Post a Comment